- “No Entry in a Pandemic: Public Support for Border Closures” with Yoshiharu Kobayashi, Tobias Heinrich, and William Christiansen. 2022. American Journal of Political Science (conditionally accepted)
- “Achieving Economic Peace: Ending Sanctions in the Shadow of Bargaining Problems” 2022. Foreign Policy Analysis. (conditionally accepted)
- “Researching Modern Economic Sanctions” with Bryan R. Early. 2021. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of International Studies. Oxford: Oxford University Press. [Book Chapter]
- “Economic Sanctions in Flux: Enduring Challenges, New Policies, and Defining the Future Research Agenda” with Bryan R. Early. 2020. International Studies Perspectives.
- “Introduction“ with Bryan R. Early
- “The Consequences of Economic Sanctions.” with David Lektzian, Susan Allen and Yi-hao Su.
- “Economic Coercion and the Problem of Sanctions-Proofing” with Navin A. Bapat. 2020. Conflict Management and Peace Science.
Manuscripts Under Review
- “Sanctions and Strategic Target Aggression” with Navin A. Bapat (Revise and Resubmit)
- “Fighting COVID-19, Foregoing Civil Liberties? Results from a Cross-National Survey” with Tobias Heinrich and Yoshiharu Kobayashi
- “Pandemics and Policy Entrenchment: Public Support for Anti-Coronavirus Policies of Varying Duration” with Tobias Heinrich and Yoshiharu Kobayashi
Papers in Progress
- Sustaining Economic Peace: When Do Sanctions Snap Back?
- Economic Sanctions, Foreign Direct Investment, and Firms’ Ex Ante Risk Assessment
- Race to Adapt: Multilateral Sanctions and Criminal Sanctions-Busting Networks with Chelsea Estancona
- Examination of Turkish Public Attitudes towards U.S. Sanctions” with Efe Tokdemir