- Bryan R. Early and Menevis Cilizoglu. 2020. Economic Sanctions in Flux: Enduring Challenges, New Policies, and Defining the Future Research Agenda. International Studies Perspectives. 21(4):438–477.
- Menevis Cilizoglu and Navin A. Bapat. 2020. Economic Coercion and the Problem of Sanctions-Proofing. Conflict Management and Peace Science. 37(4): 385-408 (Online First: July 2018)
- Menevis Cilizoglu and Bryan R. Early. Researching Modern Economic Sanctions. Oxford Research Encyclopedia. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Forthcoming. [Book Chapter]
Manuscripts Under Review
- Menevis Cilizoglu. Achieving Economic Peace: Ending Sanctions in the Shadow of Information Problems.
- Menevis Cilizoglu, Tobias Heinrich, and Yoshiharu Kobayashi, “Fighting COVID-19, Foregoing Civil Liberties? Results from a Cross-National Survey”
- Menevis Cilizoglu, Tobias Heinrich, and Yoshiharu Kobayashi, “Pandemics and Policy Entrenchment: Public Support for Anti-Coronavirus Policies of Varying Duration”
Papers in Progress
- Sustaining Economic Peace: When Do Sanctions Snap Back?
- Economic Sanctions, Foreign Direct Investment, and Firms’ Ex Ante Risk Assessment
- Economic Sanctions and Strategic Target Aggression with Navin A. Bapat
- Race to Adapt: Multilateral Sanctions and Criminal Sanctions-Busting Networks with Chelsea Estancona
- Economic Sanctions and Right Wing Parties in Target States” with Susan H. Allen
- Examination of Turkish Public Attitudes towards U.S. Sanctions” with Efe Tokdemir.
- Leaders Closing Borders” with Tobias Heinrich, Yoshiharu Kobayashi, and William Christiansen.